What is the IB Community blog?
The IB’s mission is to make the world a better and more peaceful place through education. On the IB blog, we share opinions, stories and innovative developments in international education from educators, students, and opinion makers—from inside and outside the IB community—that demonstrate how our mission comes to life. The views and opinions expressed here represent the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the views of the International Baccalaureate.
Who is the blog for?
Parents and students: hear from IB students and alumni to find out what you can expect from an IB education, including helpful advice and tips to prepare you for assessment as well as your transition to higher education or alternative career path.
Educators: gain and share best practice for the classroom, discover research and innovative developments to inspire your day-to-day teaching and your own personal development.
Policy-makers: find case studies about governments implementing the IB curriculums and stories of IB alumni, students, and teachers who contribute to and benefit from their community through their service learning and action.
Want to write for us?
Do you have a story you would like to share with us? An experience or a reflection? Any tips, advice or strategies to share with the IB community? Please use the guidelines below to guide you in your contribution.
- should reflect the dialogue/thinking around IB principles and practice
- should be approximately 500-750 words
- may include supporting high-resolution images/video clips with relevant permissions for public use on the blog, public website and other channels used by the IB including social media.
- may be edited by IB staff, with your consultation and approval
- may be translated by the IB into French, Spanish and occasionally other languages.
- high quality
- preferably no more than eight mins
- a written summary of about 50 words
Successful submissions will reflect the global nature and educational philosophy of the IB.
Need further information?
For information about the blog, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer you as soon as possible.
For information about the IB, please contact IB Answers.