The Career-related programme (CP) is growing in popularity. Here are the top 5 things we learned from the release of CP results after the May 2019 exam session.
1. Candidate registrations grew by 37% since 2018 to 3,185 CP candidates.
2. The CP certificate pass rate was 75% and these students received strong grades on individual exams.
With an average grade of 3.99 on higher level (HL) exams, CP students demonstrate they are competitive with their DP peers in advanced subject areas.
3. Public and state schools are leading the way in candidate registrations, with 78% of schools in this category.
4. Math, English and History are the most popular course selections.
The courses that CP students choose align with the engineering, business and health sciences majors that many CP graduates pursue at university.
5. Scores on the reflective project align closely with the DP’s extended essay.
The reflective project is unique to the CP, just as the extended essay is to the DP. The majority of CP students scored a C or better, just like extended essay students. The chart below compares scores on the DP’s extended essay and the CP’s reflective project