The IB’s Conference and Events team is seeking a part time intern for an immediate opening in our office in Bethesda, MD.
Interested? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivated person looking to gain knowledge in conference and events while working with international educators
- Provides suburb customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Clearly and regularly communicates with and engages all stakeholders.
This internship opportunity involves:
- Managing logistics of IB North America in-school workshops including leader communications (registration, hotel and travel bookings, processing expenses, etc) and executing participant post-registration enrolment and certificates
- Database entry (reporting actual event costs)
- On-line registration support
- Organizing, packing and shipment of workshop and conference supplies
- Creating basic excel on-site registration reports
- Administrative tasks
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Basic database knowledge (Sales Force, CVENT, a plus).
- Administrative skills and familiarity with all Microsoft office programs with intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Detail oriented, quick learner, ability to adapt to fast pace environment and working with a diverse group of professionals
- Must be able to bend and move around up to 30lbs
- Major: Hospitality management degree.
- Undergraduate or Graduate students may apply.
Commitment & Salary
- Start date May 23, 2016, 25 hours a week (flexible on schedule), 18 weeks (flexible if needing a reduced schedule once school starts again in late August/early September)
- Hourly pay based on experience and level of education
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.