CALL FOR ENTRIES:
Bezos Scholars Program @ the Aspen Institute
Now Accepting Applications for 2012
for Public High School Students and Educators
National scholars program seeks exceptional high school juniors and educators for a powerful leadership development opportunity and all-expenses-paid scholarship.
The Bezos Scholars Program @ the Aspen Institute selects 12 top public high school juniors and 12 dynamic educators to receive a six-day, all-expenses-paid scholarship to attend the Aspen Ideas Festival, June 26 – July 2, 2012. In addition to attending seminars, tutorials and roundtable discussions, Bezos Scholars participate in leadership trainings to prepare for the challenge ahead: Creating sustainable Local Ideas Festivals that will transform their schools and communities in the coming year.
On the Aspen Institute campus, past Bezos Scholars met with retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Secretaries of Education Arne Duncan and Margaret Spellings, oceanographer Sylvia Earle, inventor Dean Kamen, Tom’s Shoe’s founder Blake Mycoskie, and journalist Nicholas Kristof, among many other notables.
View this 4-minute video for a glimpse of this transformational experience in the words of Bezos Scholars themselves. For program and application details, including photos, video clips and testimonials, visit: www.bezosfamilyfoundation.org/scholars
Bezos Scholars Program School Criteria
- Public High School (including Charter and Magnet schools)
- At least 25% of students are eligible for free/reduced lunch program
- Offers Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or college credit courses
Bezos Scholars Program Student Scholar Criteria
The criteria below are firm. We will only accept applications from students enrolled in public schools.
- Demonstrates leadership in school and community
- Has scored exceptionally well on PSAT/SAT/or ACT
- Taking Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate classes or college/community courses
- GPA of 3.5, or higher
- Public high school junior during the 2011-2012 academic year
- Legal U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Availability of student & educator on all dates
Application deadline: February 3, 2012
Learn more or apply now at www.bezosfamilyfoundation.org/scholars.