The Singaporean Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) is awarding scholarships to Singaporean nationals and permanent residents planning to begin an undergraduate education in Economics. Scholarships will be awarded to students seeking their economics degrees from top universities in Singapore, the United Kingdom, or the United States. Students selected as recipients of this scholarship will receive financial support from MTI for up to six years for qualifying expenses such as: tuition and other approved academic expenses, maintenance and other approved non-academic expenses and return economy airfare should the student decide to study outside of Singapore. Some students may receive additional funding for pursuit of a Master’s degree.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens or permanent residents intending to become citizens of Singapore
- Have strong leadership qualities
- Have strong interest in public sector economics,
- IB Diploma Candidate, have GCE “A” Level’s (attempted at least 11 academic units), or Polytechnic Diploma with merit or the equivalent, and
- Have a strong co-curricular activities record
The Ministry of Trade and Industry is now accepting applications for the 2014 round of scholarships. The deadline to submit applications is 10 days following the release of “A” Level results in March 2014. To apply, please visit the Singaporean Public Service Commission scholarship page.
To learn more about this scholarship, including complete details, please visit the MTI Economist Service Scholarship page.