We look forward to welcoming three new school representatives to our PYP committee meeting at the IB Global Centre in the Hague this week.
New PYP committee members:
The new committee will be chaired by Karen Crooke, American International School, Mozambique. Each representative brings a wealth of IB knowledge, experience and expertise; strengthening the capacity of the IB to keep the PYP at the forefront of international education.
About IB programme committees:
These committees seek to strengthen the work of the heads of the programme (head of programme development, head of school services, and head of professional development) by providing advice in the following key areas:
- Strategic thinking and planning to support development of the programme.
- Programme development issues: Curriculum and assessment processes.
- Monitoring programme quality: Ensuring the programmes are broad and balanced, proposing changes to the curriculum review schedules and quality assurance procedures.
- Authorization and evaluation processes.
- Programme implementation: IB initiatives to support the schools in the implementation of the programme, for example, professional development.
- Making recommendations to the education committee: Relating to IB policy, finance, external relations.
The tenure period for these school representatives will be two calendar years with a possibility to extend for an additional year.
For further details on the structure, function and terms of office of these committees, please refer to the PYP Coordinator’s handbook 2013–2014 on the OCC.