We are looking for a creative intern to support our Marketing team based in Washington DC, beginning in August 2017.
The intern will identify story ideas that will resonate with potential IB Diploma Programme (DP) students internationally. Through their work, the intern will help foster community and an interactive space online for DP students, past, present and future to engage with the IB. Completed pieces will be distributed on the IB community blog and shared on social media.
- Create social media messaging to support marketing campaigns, per request of Marketing manager(s), i.e. help create engaging discussions on LinkedIn
- Contribute to drafts/discussions about news items/collateral that could enhance communications to stakeholders, particularly prospective students and their families
- Collaborate on strategies to engage current students and school leaders though social media
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator in news monitoring/reporting
- Strong organizational, writing, editing, research and communications skills
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate, education and teaching is a definite plus
- Recently completed or currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Basic computer skills: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Audacity, other media editing programs
- Helpful to be knowledgeable, experienced user of popular social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. etc.
- Desire to help creatively develop campaigns and strategies to engage the IB community
The IB offers interns:
- A flexible working schedule and environment
- Opportunity to use various skills and pursue specific interests
- Internships are part-time and paid
- Fixed term internship
To apply or request more information, please send your resume and a one page cover letter to email@example.com.
The International Baccalaureate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, trade union membership, political disposition, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected by law.